Jericho Shrine Circus
October 17th - 19th
Clowns to cotton candy, elephants and lions and tigers, and oh so much more. You guessed it…it’sthe circus! Kids young and old can come out and see the annual Jericho Shrine Circus at Freedom Hall Civic Center.This year features George Carden International Circus. Appearing will be Ringmistress Michelle Audrey, magnificent elephants, majestic tigers and lions, The Marinof Duo, aerialists, The Mighty Bo, cavorting clowns and The Georgettes Magic Extravaganza!
Tickets are on sale now. Showtimes are:
• Oct 17, 2014 (Fri) 7:00 PM
• Oct 18, 2014 (Sat) 10:30 AM
• Oct 18, 2014 (Sat) 3:00 PM
• Oct 18, 2014 (Sat) 7:30 PM
• Oct 19, 2014 (Sun) 1:00 PM
• Oct 19, 2014 (Sun) 6:00 PM
For more information, or to buy tickets, please visit Freedom Hall Civic Center here
, or call the box office at (423) 461-4855.
Super Spooky Saturday
Saturday, October 18th - 5-9pm
Johnson City Parks and Recreation will host a Super Spooky Saturday event for all ages at Winged Deer Park on Saturday, Oct. 18th. From 5-9 p.m., families can enjoy arts and crafts, snacks, games, a pumpkin hunt, marshmallow roasting, face painting, and lots of fun for the whole family! Admission is free, hayrides are $2 person, and concessions will be available on site.
• 5-7 p.m.: Children’s Hayrides ($2 per person)
• 5-7 p.m.: Pumpkin Hunt sponsored by Fenders Farm
• 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Storytelling
• 7-9 p.m.: Haunted Hayrides ($2 per person)
Parents are asked to plan accordingly because the darker the sky, the scarier the ride! All activities will be held at the Robert Young Cabin, adjacent to the Park and Recreation Administration Office at Winged Deer Park. For more information, please call (423)434-5749.
Fall Break Sports Camp at MPCC
Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., will offer a Fall Break Sports Camp for both Johnson City and Washington County students ages 6-12. Camp fee is $20, and children will enjoy participating in basketball, baseball, football, soccer, kickball, arts and crafts, swimming, and much more. Participants are required to bring a packed lunch, snack, and swim clothing every day. Camp will be held 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. daily, with early drop-off (7:30 a.m.) and late pick-up (5:15 p.m.) available for an additional $10.
• Johnson City Schools: Oct. 6-10
• Washington County Schools: Oct. 20-24
Register online at www.myjcparks.org
or in person at Memorial Park Community Center, Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. For more information, please contact MPCC at (423) 434-5749.
MORE GOING ON
- For more City events, please follow us here.
- For more Freedom Hall Civic Center events, please follow us here.
- For more events happening throughout the area, please visit here.